Gazzetta dello Sport previously revealed that the board, headed by the club’s chairman, wanted to extend the contract with the former Napoli and Juventus boss, although the original one was until 2023.
The matter was confirmed by Tare, who told ufabet and Sky Sport Italia on Thursday. That the club were considering the matter. After looking at the past results and seeing good signs coming out of the team.
Lazio sporting director confirmed to extend Sarri’s contract.
“Yes, it was a joint decision. It came from the demands of Sarri as well,” Tare said.
“He sees an opportunity for good work at Fornello. This is a very good sign that we have started work here, it is only the beginning and we have to be patient. But we send a signal for the future.”
Ciro Immobile, Luis Alberto and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic are all unsellable and will not leave the club over the summer. Manuel Lazzari and Joaquin Correa both could be sold to generate funds, but things are still uncertain for now.
Tare and Sarri will also discuss the programme for this summer’s training camp, with the former Juventus and Chelsea coach wanting a 21-day retreat.